Saturday, March 7, 2009

Red Wine and Birthday Wishes

I've had the most amazing two day long birthday!! It was actually yesterday, but we didn't celebrate with the whole family until tonight, and it was marvelous! My dad and Amelia are in town, staying in the guest room. (Which we have named "Casita de Long Beach." We're cheesy like that.) We also had my mom, Dennis, Kristen, Jon, Jim, Krista and her parents over. Krista's parents had never met Dad and Amelia, so it was a nice gathering of the two families that are being merged by marriage. :o)

I absolutely love having people over. Whenever Alex and I look at houses, we always look at it's ability to host gatherings and parties. I'm a social butterfly, and love being the hostess. Good friends and good wine and two of my most favorite things, especially when paired together!

Boyzilla, of course, loved all the attention he was getting tonight. He found great pleasure in spinning in circles and then clapping wildly until everyone else was clapping as well. He also loved the vegan chocolate cake that Grandma Amelia made. He would take forever to chew it, he just wanted to let it sit there in his mouth. He's mommy's little hog. =D


Now it is time for me to finish my Yellow Tail Shiraz and go to bed. My feet hurt sooo bad! Somehow I thought wearing heals would be a swell idea tonight.

1 comment:

Our Little Family said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! And, yay for Yellow Tail. :) Lol.